Get fire safety tips delivered straight to your inbox
Dorgard is a wireless fire door retainer that holds open fire doors, automatically closing them on the sound of the fire alarm.
Keeps fire doors open
Wire-free technology — no costly
Enables greater access
throughout a building
within a building
Meets all regulatory
Installed easily in
under five minutes
How Dorgard works
- Dorgard is powered by batteries.
- Press down the plunger to hold the fire door open at any angle.
- Dorgard continually listens out for the sound of the fire alarm.
- Once the alarm sounds, Dorgard will release the plunger and the door will close.
Dorgard overview video
Leave your review:
Dorgard colour range
Dorgard can be installed in under 5 minutes.
- Position the fitting template against the bottom of the door.
- Use the Dorgard fitting template to drill four holes in the fire door
- Screw Dorgard to the fire door using the four screws supplied.
- Open the battery compartment and insert the batteries.
- Push down the plunger to hold the door open.
- Test your fire alarm and ensure Dorgard responds to the sound
- Overall height: 205mm
- Main casing height: 150mm
- Width: 195mm
- Depth: 45mm
- Packed kit weight: 950g
- Product only (including batteries): 700g
- Casing: ABS Plastic
- Power: 2 x 1.5v C size alkaline batteries (do not use rechargeable batteries)
- Expected battery life: 18 months
- Trigger: All fire alarms compliant within Europe and Internationally
Dorgard Frequently Asked Questions
People in my building keep using fire extinguishers to keep doors open so it is easier to get around. Is Dorgard the right product to stop this happening?
Absolutely! Dorgard would be the ideal solution to this problem and as Dorgard is completely wire-free, installing it is really easy. Just follow the instructions in the fitting and operating guide and use the fitting template which is supplied with every Dorgard.
Residents in my care home want to keep their bedroom doors open, is it okay to install Dorgards on these doors
Dorgard can definitely be installed on bedroom doors. It allows residents to have the door open a little way or fully open as it holds the door open at any angle.
We need to keep our kitchen door open when serving meals in our hotel as the fire door is really heavy and our hands are normally full with plates, can you help?
We certainly can help you with this. Dorgard holds fire doors open safely and legally in any position. This means you can carry plates through easily without a heavy door in the way.
As Dorgard is acoustic would it close the doors when our school bell rings?
Dorgard will verify the alarm over a 14 second period and then release the fire door. If your fire alarm is the same as your school bell, providing it doesn’t exceed 14 seconds your Dorgards won’t release.
Should I use a particular type of battery and can I use rechargeable ones?
Rechargeable batteries are not to be used. Duracell Pro-cell LR14 batteries are recommended. Contact your supplier or we can supply batteries for the Dorgards.
One of my Dorgards is releasing to no apparent sound?
The sensitivity may simply need to be adjusted. To adjust the sensitivity, refer to your fitting and operating guide or call our customer service team. They are happy to help.
Why is the door creeping closed when the Dorgard plunger is fully depressed?
Does the rubber foot makes contact with the floor when the plunger is pushed down? If not, try repositioning the Dorgard on the door or fit the floorplate supplied.
If the floor is a bit slippery, fit the floorplate so the rubber foot stays in contact with the floor.
Why is the Dorgard I have installed not holding the fire door in an open position?
Check the plunger is pushed down and the battery compartment is closed. .
Also check that Dorgard is installed on the side of the door that closes into the door frame.